Green B.E.A.N Indiana Delivery

Recently I signed up for Green B.E.A.N Deliveries after I heard about it from some friends at work. Basically you sign up for this program, pick what size of bin you want, fill it with the different fruits and veggies that are in season, and then they deliver it directly to your home on your scheduled day. You can either get deliveries every week or every other week based on the needs of your family. A lot of the produce that you can purchase is from local farms and organic (although there is some that are not). 

I ended up selecting the small bin since it is usually just Dan and I around the house, with an occasional doggie getting a quick treat. Our bin arrived right on time!!! I was super excited about it! And luckily... Remington was home to do a quick inspection of the bin!


After Remington deemed it acceptable... we popped that baby open to see our goodies!


The bin is packaged up to keep your produce cool so the outside is insulated and then they have ice packs in there as well. Remington could just not figure out what all the fuss was about!


Everything looked great! We got the following things in our bin.

Basil
12 oz. Mushrooms
2 Tomatoes
8 oz Spinach
3 Apples
3 Plums
3 Pears
2 Peaches
1 lb of Grapes
1 pint of Blueberries

After just 2 days all our apples, blueberries, plums, and a lot of our spinach is gone.

For this being my first time ever doing this, I have to say I was pretty pleased. Personally, I like that I can get stuff locally and organic... I like that it is delivered straight to my home... and I like that I can pick out a variety of items to keep our taste-buds satisfied. I also think that this encourages us to eat more healthy with so many fruits and veggies around the house. 


I'm looking forward to my next delivery of goodies!

If you want to learn more about Green B.E.A.N Deliveries just click the link. They do deliveries in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Missouri!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS