Not as bad as I thought....

After catching up on my running blogs this weekend I realized that I'm not nearly as bad off as I thought.  Since I haven't ran (or done anything for that matter) for the past month, I'm a little nervous to start up again.  I was running 3 miles with no problems before the Thanksgiving Holiday, however, because of the long break I'm worried that I'll be back to barely being able to breathe as I run one mile!  I have been kicking myself for being too lazy and carefree to get on the treadmill!!!!  WHAT WAS I THINKING!

But, I was please to see that many of my fellow runners who blog have also been taking a LONG break from their normal workout plans.  They even write about how much it benefits their running to do this sometimes.  It lets your muscles heal up and rest as well as your mind.  PHEW!  Little did I know I was doing something right? I'm going for my first run in a month tonight at the gym.  I'll probably only log a mile or two (not wanting to push too hard too fast), but I'm hoping that it doesn't take my body too long to get back into the swing of things.


I have 10 months to prepare for the Hudson Park Mini Marathon that I'm hoping to run in October.  Plenty of time to work up to 13.1 miles :)  I'm just looking forward to some nice weather when I finally can run outside again!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS