Early Birthday Celebration

Well, its been a little while since I last blogged.  Probably because nothing has really happened and I have been crazy busy.  I have been busting my butt at work so that I'm prepared for Phonathon to begin.  I feel right now as if I'm on top of things, but I'm sure that something unexpected will happen that will throw me for a loop :)  I have also been doing a good job of keeping up with my running schedule.  I have been running at night time since the temperatures are much cooler.  I also find it peaceful.  I have been running almost 2 miles every other evening and my pace right now is around a 10 minute mile... which isn't great, but it's better than it has been.  So I feel like I'm still on track with my pre-wedding tone up plan :)

Anyways, after a rough week at work I have definitely been looking forward to the weekend.  Since Dan is leaving for Washington DC next weekend we decided to celebrate my 26th Birthday this weekend.  Dan planned a very nice Saturday for me.  One of the things that I love to do is go down to the canal.  I just love walking down there and seeing all the people and dogs.  I am always begging Dan to go with me, but he usually doesn't like to go.  However, this weekend we went!  YAY!  Of course Remington Bear came along for the trip.


Remington and I in front of the mammoth!


And here's the close up :)


After walking half of the canal, we stopped to take a little water break.


Then Remington wanted to stop and take a picture with his Dad in front of these pretty flowers :)


When we were almost finished with our walk we saw these little teenage ducks all cuddled up together... of course I couldn't stop myself from taking their picture!!


This was at the very end of our walk.  Poor Remington was pooped at this point, but he let us take one last picture of him.  The things he puts up with :)

Later in the evening on Saturday, Dan took me to the Melting Pot for dinner.  Neither of us had ever been and Dan had gotten a gift card from a friend at work so we thought this would be the perfect place to go.  It was really nice.  It is like this four course dining experience of fondue.  First you get a cheese appetizer, then a salad, then you get your main course of meats, and lastly the dessert!  Dan and I ended up getting the Pacific Island Feast, which was the easiest way to try a lot of different things and get the full experience of the restaurant.  It was a very nice dinner and we really enjoyed ourselves the whole 2 1/2 hours we were there!  Haha... you cook your own food so it takes a while.


Here's Dan and I at the beginning of dinner :)


This was our first course.  We got the spinach and artichoke cheese.  Then we had chips, assorted breads, veggies, etc. to dip in it.  DELICIOUS!


Here's our main course.  Chicken, pork, steak, tuna, shrimp, and veggie wraps.  These are all raw to begin with and then you cook them in the boiling water they give you.  SOOOO GOOD!


Here were all our sauces.


Oh yes, we also got broccoli, potatoes, and mushrooms.


Dan taking his first bite :)


And here's our last course... dessert!  My FAV!


This is what we dipped our dessert in... chocolate, marshmellow swirl, and Oreo cookies!  HEAVENLY!


Honestly, it doesn't get much better than this :)  

Even though it wasn't officially my birthday... I had a great time!  It makes up for Dan being gone during my actual birthday weekend.  However, Mom and Dad are coming up so I'm looking forward to that :)

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS