Lessons you learn in life...

Last night, I met up with Chanelle, my old college roommate.  She just recently moved back to Greenwood from Bloomington.  I stopped by her new apartment to check it out since she only lives like 5 minutes away from me!  YAY!  The apartment is beautiful.  She has added her own special touches to it and it seems just perfect for her :)  Also, while I was there I met her new boyfriend Blaine.  Chanelle got married 3 years ago and is now going through a divorce.  It has been very difficult on her, but for some reason pretty difficult on me as well.  I guess it is just hard to see the people you love go through something like that.  Anyways, meeting Blaine was a big step for me and for her.  And even though I was skeptical at first... I have to admit... I love the guy.  The first thing he did when I met him was give me a hug.  I love people like that... it reminds me of the Rhoton's.  He is wonderful and I think he might just be perfect for Chanelle...

Lesson Learned: You have to trust the decisions of the people you love, even if you think they aren't the right ones at first.

Dan came home this morning pretty excited.  I guess he got into a car chase last night.  He has been wanting to get in one for a while now... just nothing has come along.  Anyways, last night a motorcycle raced through a red light and he stopped the guy, but when he approached him, he took off!  I guess this guy was doing like 100 miles per hour through town and it was all Dan and his partner could do to keep up with him.  Anyways, they finally found his bike parked in an alley.  After questioning the neighbors they found out he lived in an apartment in the area.  Long story short... they arrested him.  I guess he was drunk, had a suspended license, and no license to have a motorcycle...

Lesson Learned: Some people are just plain dumb! :)

I recently received a birthday request from Dan telling me what he would like for his birthday present.  Keep in mind we are both on a health kick right now.  I've been eating healthy and working out.  He has been eating healthy, working out, and counting his calorie intake!  To lose weight his "recommended daily intake" of calories is 2400.  He has been doing a great job and I'm really proud of him.  Anyways, he has also been working out hard core in the mornings with some of his other cop buddies and two of them have these shoes call Vibram Five Fingers.  Anyone ever heard of them?  Me either. Below is a picture...


Yeah.... pretty freaky right?  Well supposedly these shoes are awesome and these two guys that have them have been talking them up to Dan.  One of them says that he was able to cut 2 minutes off his running time because of them... so of course now he wants a pair.  Here is a little summary of them: "The typical human foot is an anatomical marvel of evolution with 26 bones, 33 joints, 20 muscles, and hundreds of sensory receptors, tendons and ligaments. Like the rest of the body, to keep our feet healthy, they need to be stimulated and exercised. That’s why we recommend wearing FiveFingers for exercise, play, and for fun. Stimulating the muscles in your feet and lower legs will not only make you stronger and healthier, it improves your balance, agility and proprioception."  I guess they are great for any outdoor sport such as running, rock climbing, kayaking, windsurfing, strength training, Pilates, yoga, etc.  

Lesson Learned: My husband can talk me into just about anything... and I think I want a pair now... 

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS