Week #8 of Kendra's Cooking Challenge: Pioneer Woman's Favorite Meatloaf

Yes, I decided that it is time to make a meat dish.  I'm hoping for a perfect 10 on this one!

My Favorite Meatloaf (www.pioneerwoman.com)

Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 6 slices white bread
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 heaping cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup Parsley
  • 4 eggs beaten
  • 10 slices of bacon
Sauce
  • 1 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cups brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dried mustard
  • Tabasco to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes. 


Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.




With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!)


Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf. 



Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. 


Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon. 


Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes.

Slice and serve with remaining sauce.


 Did I get my perfect 10 you ask!  YEP!  Dan said it was better than Grandpa Rhoton's meatloaf recipe!  BOOM!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear K and D,

Beef and Pork in one dish? Not we're talkin'!! I'd give it a 10 and I haven't even tasted it! I know its good if D said it was better than Grandpa's. Congrats! OK,
did you eat it, K?

Love,
B XXOO

aditya said...

Good post, I have read this post here I got very useful information. This is a very useful article for online review readers.janusgames

Arabella Bella said...

Here is a rundown for you - 20 Best Places to Visit near from 50km to 500km. points near me now

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS